In 1825, James Monroe signed the bill that planned to connect the Ohio and Potomac Rivers by way of a canal. Although the canal never reached the Ohio River, the canal was still used from 1831 to 1924, using mules to pull boats transporting coal through each of the canal’s locks.
Our Chesapeake & Ohio Canal Logo Patch features an image of one of these boats passing through a lock. Wear our patch or use it to decorate and commemorate the history behind this 184.5 mile long canal.
Great patch, 7th Oct 2017
Reviewer: Kyle Patterson
Amazing detail for a patch of this size. Collectors must-have item.